Issue (7) | Open call
archipelagos is happy to announce our open call for Issue (7). Submissions of individual articles are accepted on a rolling basis. You may send an abstract in lieu of a full article for a preliminary editorial evaluation before proceeding. If you would like your digital scholarship project to be evaluated by us as part of our public peer review process, please let us know. Note that we also welcome proposals for guest-edited themed sections.
To be considered for Issue (7) the deadline for submission is February 15, 2022. Abstracts should be no more than 300 words. Accepted essays will be due on June 1, 2022.
Our journal is entering a period of maturity and definition as the point of reference for the intersection of digital scholarship and Caribbean Studies. With this in mind, we welcome:
- critical interventions in our understanding of computational technology, media, and the digital writ-large as it relates to the Caribbean cultural present and past
- theoretical reflections on the impact of computational technology and network technologies on Caribbean societies—diasporic or local
- digital humanities projects, digital collections, data visualizations, maps and other socio-technical assemblages pertinent to digital media
- reflections on the use of technology in and outside of the classroom for pedagogical purposes
- scholarship on digital archives and collections, and the continuing process of digitization, related to Caribbean history and culture
We look forward to reading you!