Coordinates communications activities in support of a university program, including, but not limited to, publications, newsletters, annual reports, web site, and informational and solicitation materials.
- Coordinates various communications projects, to include compiling, editing, and layout of materials.
- Works with other departments to research, obtain material and organize the content of written communications.
- Provides content for regular updates of the program web site.
- May be responsible for producing regularly recurring communications such as annual reports, monthly publications or newsletters.
- Provides writing and editing services for other communication projects as assigned.
- Represents the program at conferences and community events.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in a variety of multimedia applications, including but not limited to web content management systems, social media channel management, and adobe creative suite, i.e., lnDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Uses multimedia software applications to create and publish graphic designs in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Experience in engaging, editorial writing across a myriad of print and digital communications platforms, including social channels, mass email, online platforms, and promotional marketing and communications collateral.
- Ability to deliver innovative approaches and creative solutions while following departmental guidelines, policies and industry best practices.
- Creates and maintains a digital library of photographs, video, graphic designs and program collateral.
- Supports the Center in managing social media strategies and campaigns for diverse initiatives, collaborates with multiple departments, oversee print, digital and online communication platforms.
- Motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, willingness to learn and creative individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities and changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver analytics and measurement reporting, trending and actionable data.
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits