Appointment: September 1, 2022—August 31, 2024
Location: Austin, TX
Closes: 6pm CST, Monday, January 31, 2022.
The Center for Mexican American Studies (CMAS) in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Texas at Austin is pleased to announce the Carlos E. Castañeda Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mexican American Studies. Supported by the Office of the President, this postdoctoral fellowship was established in memory of Professor Carlos Eduardo Castañeda (1896–1958), a UT Austin alumnus, librarian, and faculty member who was instrumental in the creation of the renown LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection. This postdoctoral fellowship appointment period begins September 1, 2022 and ends August 31, 2024.
- Reside in Austin area during the academic years of appointment.
- Actively participate in the activities of Latino Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Engage with and/or make use of the archival materials at the LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection.
- Acknowledge the support of Latino Studies and other University of Texas at Austin resources in any projects or publications that emerge from the fellowship year.
- Make a public presentation to a Latino Studies audience on a topic researched during the period of the post-doc
Stipend and Benefits
Each fellowship will provide a stipend of $60,000, shared office space, research and travel funds, and health insurance benefits. The University of Texas at Austin is unable to pay salaries through home institution(s).
We encourage those in the early stages of their academic career to apply for this fellowship. Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree within the three years prior to the beginning of the fellowship year. The doctoral degree must be awarded by June 30, 2022 for consideration. Failure to comply will result in a significantly reduced award and/or change in appointment. Current UT Austin faculty members and recent UT Austin doctoral recipients are not eligible.